Installation of your TourLock Golf products is easy! These installation instructions will help you install your TourLock Pro golf club counter weights.
TourLock Pro Counter Balance Weight Installation
Golf grips must be modified with TourLock Grip Modifier tool in order to properly install TourLock Pro Counter Balance Weights.
For successful TourLock Pro Installation you will need:
Tour Lock Golf Grip Modifier Installation Instructions:
CAUTION: The TourLock Golf Grip Modifier will get HOT during use!
Here is a quick video to watch to help you become acquainted with the skills, tools, and knowledge you will need for this installation.
1. With the Grip Modifier Tool firmly tightened in the drill, insert center bar of the Grip Modifier into air hole on the butt end of the grip.
2. Start drilling slowly to cut first hole and increase drill speed to grind countersink. Proper countersink depth is determined by the line on the outside of the Grip Modifier.
3. To extract rubber piece, simply pull center extraction bar outward. CAUTION: TourLock Pro Grip Modifier may get hot. Pliers may be needed to assist in pulling center extraction bar.
4. Once desired holes are modified, make sure the inside of the shaft is clean, dry, and clear of debris before installing Tour Lock Pro Counter Balance Weight.
Changing TourLock Pro Counter Balance Weight
1) With 3/16″ allen wrench, turn screw counterclockwise until Tour Lock Pro Counter Balance Weight is loose.
2) With 3/16″ allen wrench still inserted into the screw head, angle the wrench slightly and pull upward to remove the Tour Lock Pro Counter Balance Weight.
3) Once the Tour Lock Pro Counter Balance Weight is removed, insert a different Tour Lock Pro Counter Balance Weight following Tour Lock Pro Counter Balance Weight installation instructions.
NOTE: The Tour Lock Pro Grip Modifier is a proprietary design specific for modifying any grip to fit Tour Lock Pro Counter Balance Weights. Keep in mind, you are cutting a hole first and then grinding out a small countersink all at the same time.
Miscellaneous Installation Information:
1) Before installing TourLock Pro Counter Balance Weight, make sure the inside of the shaft is clean and dry.
2) Insert the TourLock Pro Counter Balance Weight into the hole at the end of the grip so it is flush with the end of the grip.
3) With 3/16″ allen wrench, turn screw clockwise until weight is firmly locked in place.
Now it is time to hit balls and experiment for yourself the benefits of TourLock Pro Counter Balance Weight technology.
TourLock Opti-Vibe Counter Balance Weight Installation for Putters, Woods & Irons
Golf grips must be modified with TourLock Grip Modifier tool in order to properly install TourLock Opti-Vibe Golf Club Weights
To install your TourLock Opti-Vibe Golf Club Weights
you will need:
An electric drill
A pair of pliers
TourLock Opti-Vibe golf club weights
The TourLock Golf Grip Modifier Tool
The Tour Lock Opti-Vibe Dual Tool
The Tour Lock Rotary File
The 3/8″ Hex Key tool
Before you begin, here is a quick video to watch to help you become acquainted with the skills, tools, and knowledge you will need for this installation.
1- Modify end of grip with TourLock Grip Modifier.
See TLP Grip Modifier instructions.
2- Make sure the inside of the shaft is clean and dry.
3- Screw threaded side of the Opti-Vibe Dual Tool into Opti-Vibe counter weight until snug.
4- With the Opti-Vibe Dual Tool, insert the Opti-Vibe counter weight into the “TourLock Modified” hole in the butt end of the grip.
Make sure to always turn clockwise when inserting, adjusting and removing Opti-Vibe golf club counter weights.
5- Position the Opti-Vibe weight from 4″to 10″ into the shaft.
The 4″ to 10″ space is the area between the lines on the Opti-Vibe Dual Tool.
6- Once the desired position of the Opti-Vibe weight is found, turn Dual Tool counter-clockwise to release from OPTI-VIBE weight.
7- To remove or change the position of the Opti-Vibe weight, insert threaded end of Dual Tool and turn clockwise until snug.
Continue to turn clockwise while moving Opti-Vibe weight.
8- To lock Opti-Vibe weight securely in place use magnetic tip side of Dual Tool.
Use it to screw in Tour Lock Opti-Lock (locking plug) snug into the top end of the Opti-Vibe weight.
9- Cap the hole in the grip with desired Tour Lock Pro counter weight.
The recommended weight to start with is 12 grams.
Installation Tip: In some cases, the Opti-Vibe weights will not be “securely snug” enough to fit in some shafts with larger inside diameters. If this is the case, wrap some electrical or adhesive tape around the foam portion of the Opti-Vibe weight until correct diameter is found and follow the above instructions.